We are so excited to be linking up for this fun App Linky Party! I can't wait to see all of the ideas from others!
I have many apps that I love to use in my classroom.
One of my favorites is Class Dojo!
I love using Class Dojo with my students, and they love it, too!!! I use a variety of different rewards/incentives along with the Class Dojo. They love the cute characters and they love the positive points! I do not display any negative points but you can. The parents love that they can check on their child's behavior daily.
It is a win-win!
Here is a picture of the little monsters:
What I love about this app:
1. It is FREE!!!
2. My kids tend to love getting points and view them daily at home to see if they earned or lost during the day.
3. I can use my phone for the points, so I try and keep my phone close.
4. The kids love updating their monster and it becomes their own creation.
5. It is great for use during conferences or for parents to instantly know if their child is having a good or rough day. Parents can see it is they have been invited.
My frustrations with it ...
1. Sometimes the system does not come up right away. I have created a page to help deal with that but it is still not fun.
2. If students "buy" a prize using their points, I can not just deduct those points and I have to clear them to zero. I have a created a sheet for this, too. I wish it would be easier.
3. Some days we are just so busy I do not award points at all. This really is all me, but I am trying to make sure I get them on their. We are just so immersed in our learning and it is hard to break free and put those points on.
Click on the picture below to start your own Dojo!
Here is a freebie to go along with your Dojo! We hope you like it and we would love your feedback! We are working on a complete Class Dojo product! Comment below with anything you would like to see in it. You can also email us with any questions!
Have a very "APPY" week!
Karen and Alison