We just discovered we've been nominated for a blogging award! We have to give Ms. P at Fourth Grade Eyes a HUGE thank you for the nomination. What a super sweet surprise! Thank you so much Ms. P for nominating us!!! Go and check out her blog today.
In case you haven’t heard of the Liebster, it’s an award given to blogs with fewer than 200 subscribers that are worthy of more recognition and link love.
Which is why it’s called the Liebster Award — liebe is German for love.
To accept the nomination there are a some things I have to do:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted by my nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about myself
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees
6. Contact my nominees to let them know I nominated them
Here are the great blogs I am nominating:
Questions from Ms. P
1. Why did you start blogging?
We started blogging to share ideas. We have been teaching a combined total of 40 years & have so many ideas and materials to share. We should have started sooner, but have been way too busy having families and being the best teachers we could be.
2. What do you find most rewarding about being a teacher?
We love when that little light goes on & the feeling of pride each child has in their successes. Our main focus is the child as a whole not just the learner.
3. If you could go anywhere, where would you choose?
Karen: “I would go to Disney. My husband says I live there in my head anyway.”
Alison: “Anywhere tropical!”
4. How do you spend your free time (outside of the classroom)?
Karen: “I spend the time with my family. Being that I am a poor teacher … we stay home a lot.”
Alison: “With my family.”
5. What book/movie title best represents your life?
Karen: "I would say, Twister. My life is full of chaos ... nothing stays the same there is too much change!"
Alison: “Gone with the Wind because I can identify with Scarlet O’Hara.”
6. What one thing is a must to make it through the school day?
Karen: “If you asked me a week ago … I would have said Diet Coke. Now, I have no clue. I am finally off of Diet Coke, Yahoo!”
Alison: “My coffee in the morning.”
7. Name a famous person (past or present) you would like to meet. Why?
Karen: “I would like to meet (wow … who to choose??? Beautiful men are popping in my head ... hummmm) I think I would like to meet Betty White. I think she is very funny & a brilliant actress.
Alison: “Ronald Reagan because he is the best President we have had & he was great in film.”
8. What is your greatest professional accomplishment?
Karen: “Guide of the Week & Workshop Presenter"
Alison: “Spotlight Teacher 2012-2013”
9. What do you like best about the age group you teach?
Karen: “I have no clue since I have never taught this grade level before. I really love Kindergarten!!!”
Alison: “Kindergarten is my favorite grade because I love getting the kids from the beginning of their school career and mold them & watch them grow.”
10. If money were no object, what is one thing you would get for your classroom?
Karen: “A loft … how fun! I can just see the kiddos hanging out and reading up at the top & working in a station on the bottom.”
Alison: “I would want my classroom to be just like the one in Kindergarten Cop!”
11. Who is one influential person in your life?
Karen: “I would have to say … my parents. I know it says one, but they are AMAZING & I would not be where I am without them.”
Alison:”My mom & dad! They have always been there for me and my life would not be how it is without their love and support!”
11 Random Facts About Us:
1. Karen was Alison’s student teacher & we have been friends ever since.
2. Alison is addicted to Twilight!!!
3. Karen will stop the car & pull things out of the trash for her classroom. She is very Earth friendly!
4. Alison enjoys scrapbooking & reading.
5. Karen enjoys crafting and hates to cook.
6. Alison loves to travel and spend time with her grandson.
7. Karen uses Twizzlers to drink with at the movies.
8. Alison loves little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls!
9. Karen loves the movie … How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days!
10. Alison is the 8th generation of Mary as her 1st name.”
11. We both LOVE happy faces and have tons around our classrooms.
11 Questions For Our Nominees:
1. Who was your favorite teacher growing up & what grade did he/she teach?
2. Where did you go on your last vacation?
3. What cartoon character is most like you? Why?
4. How many years have you been a teacher?
5. What was your favorite subject growing up in school?
6. What TV character do you relate to & why?
7. Do you hoard school materials? If so, what do you hoard?
8. What made you decide to become a teacher?
9. What do you do to relax after a hard day?
10. Do you teach in open concept or closed concept? Which do you prefer?
11. Do you have a comfort food? If so, what is it?
OK. I hope you learned a little about us & want to stick with us on our adventure & we did not scare you off.
We are off to surprise our nominees. Happy Teaching!